Credit Cruise CE Meeting
Managing Breakthrough Pain in Cancer Patients
Presented by Annie Qadir Pharm.D
DATE : Sunday August 20th 2017
TIME : The Boat Cruise around Manhattan is 8 am – 5 pm (Boarding at 7:30 am)
- Describe the pathophysiology and characteristics of breakthrough pain, its prevalence, and the negative impact on patients.
- Explain the pharmacokinetics of opioids, benefits and limitations of approved treatments for breakthrough pain.
- Evaluate the concepts of opioid misuse, abuse, and addiction; ways to minimize risk in cancer patients taking opioids; and strategies to address issues, including the implementation of Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) programs.
- Discuss special considerations for pharmacist who treat cancer patients with breakthrough pain, and how clinicians can collaborate to improve patient outcomes.
- Explore patient case studies in cancer patients in order to promote practical learning.
PAPA 4th Sunset Cruise
- Halal Desi Food served
- Arrangement for Prayers
- Parking Available at the Pierre or at 43rd Street across from Pierre 81
Cheque Paid Members can register their LIU
Please Click This Button
FOR NON MEMBER
Written or email notice is necessary for cancellation, verbal cancellation is not accepted
Cancellation before August 10, 2017 Full Refund
Cancellation before August 15, 2017 50% Refund
Cancellation after August 15, 2017 No Refund
Seats Are Limited
RESERVATIONS ARE NON TRANSFERABLE